Sponge mops are a great tool for cleaning floors because they soak up water from the floor and then wring out the excess. They also tend to last longer than other types of mops. The only problem is that changing them can be tricky. If you know how to replace sponge mop head, then it will be piece of cake for you. To know more, keep reading.
Types of Sponge mop head
There are 2 types of sponge mop in the market. So, you should know both types of sponge mop before knowing how to change the sponge mop head.
1. Wet sponge mop: Wet sponges are designed to be soaked in water before being used. This makes them easier to clean and maintain. Wet sponges are usually made of cotton or polyester.
2. Dry sponge mop: Dry sponges are pre-mopped and ready to go. It is more durable and has longer life spans. However, they need to be washed regularly to keep their shape. Dry sponges are usually manufactured using wood pulp fibers.
How To Replace Sponge Mop Head?
Now, we are going to write some tips and tricks about how to change the sponge mop head. Here are the steps:
1. Take a towel or any cloth to grab the sponge mop head as it is dirty. now, you have to unscrew the sponge mop head. In general, the screw is below the sponge mop head. Screw helps to attach some mop heads with mop base.
The number of screws depends from brand to brand. Some brands use 2 screws or some brands use 4 screws to attach sponge mop heads with base.
2. To unscrew, you can use a screwdriver, or you can use a hand. If it is not tight, you can unscrew it with your hand. Now, take the towel and remove the old sponge mop head. Clean the mop base if it is dirty.
3. After removing the old sponge mop, but the new one is on. You can see that there is a hole where the old sponge mop was attached. Put the new sponge mop into this hole. Tighten the screws again.
FAQs About Changing A Sponge Mop Head
1. What Should I Do When My Sponge Mop Gets Dirty?
A: If your sponge mop gets dirty, simply rinse it under running tap water.
The best way to clean a sponge mop is to fill it with warm water and let it sit overnight. Then, simply squeeze the sponge to rinse away dirt. It’s important to keep the sponge damp while doing so; otherwise, you may end up making the floor wetter.
2. Can I Use A Dry Sponge Mop Instead Of A Wet One?
It depends on what kind of surface you’re cleaning. If you’re cleaning tile or hardwood floors, you’ll need to use a wet sponge mop. However, if you’re cleaning the carpet, you can use a dry sponge mop.
3. Do I Need To Replace My Sponge Mop Every Time It Gets Dirty?
No, not necessarily. In fact, most people don’t even bother replacing their sponge mops after just one use. Instead, they just keep reusing them until they get too dirty.
4. Can I use a different type of sponge mop head instead of the one provided by the manufacturer?
Yes, you can use any kind of sponge mop head that you like. However, the material used in making the sponge mop head must be compatible with the machine.
We hope our article helped you to know how to replace sponge mop head. Also, keep in mind the sponge mop head attachment varies from brand to brand, but most of the sponge mop head is attached to a base with a screw. So, you will have no problems replacing the mop head.