When cleaning a house floor the mop becomes dirty and in most cases, you would want to remove the mop head that contains the rug. At times it may be a bit hard to do it especially the first time. The mop head may be torn or damaged and you would want to replace it so that you work with it.
Therefore no doubt you would want a step-by-step explanation on how to do it. In this article, we are going to show you how to remove a mop head. This is because using a dirty or torn mop head will give you poor service and you will not achieve the intended cleanliness.
How To Remove A Mop Head – Step By Step Guideline
Turn the mop upside down so that you get hold of the mop head. Ensure the mop head is free of moisture and dirt that may hurt your wear. Mop heads for different companies are fixed on the mop pole with different tightening mechanisms.
Therefore there may need to have a look at the possible tightening and loosening mechanism to avoid breaking it or making it permanently loose. Plastic ones are easy to change for they have some knob that helps adjust to tight positions.
After identifying the tightening knob, turn it and make it loose for the mop head to disconnect to the pole. Then dispose of it.
Now with the purchased mop head, there must be some package. Remove them and dispose of them. There is a middle area that is surrounded by strands.
This area may have a fixing mechanism, especially a screw, or maybe the side of the head has a tightening mechanism.
Then fix the head to the pole and after identifying how to connect them and tighten them together, fix it there.
Make the head tight on the pole by using a hand to tighten the clamp. The clamps may have another attachment bracket and so it needs to be tight so as to secure the mop head in place.
Look for other clips and make the mop head firm on the pole. Study the mechanism of tightening it so well and avoid forcing things to open so that you don’t break it.
Test the mop by using a bucket of water and try mopping the floor. If the mop is not loose then kudos that is work well done. If there are slight movements get back to it and make sure the attachment brackets are well fixed in position.
How To Remove Spin Mop Head?
For those who use the spin mop, they may have to take a different method when doing it. Therefore, the steps below will help you remove the mop head.
spin mop heads are a bit different and these need extra care when handling them because you may break the attachment brackets or even damage the mop. These steps are carefully written so that you do not get confused in between.
- Always make sure that there is a spare mop head that can be used to replace the old mop.
- Grasp the mop head straight-up while separating the mop head yarn in order to reveal the pole.
- Softly step on the mop head while rotating the mop head.
- Check the C-clamp pin that is positioned close to the top of the pile and loosen it.
- Some mops come with a wing nut that secures the mop head in place. Undo it entirely in order to lift off the metal bar locked against the spin mop head. For the plastic mop heads, there is always an adjustment knob and a clip that can be slid out easily.
- After loosening the old spin mop head, remove the new mop head from its package and spot out its center pane.
- Glide the rod into the center panel the mop heads with strands hanging on the sides where the mop holds the head.
- After gliding in the rod into the center panel, replace the wing nut, the C-clamp, or adjust the knob for the case of plastic mop heads. Make sure it is accurately done so as to avoid loose tightening and glides when mopping.
- Tighten the clamp until you are sure that the C-clamp has snug alongside the mop head. Make sure that the C-clamp pin has been locked in the replacement mop head. Replace other attachments in the right position if the mop comes with any.
- Shack the mop head round to ensure that it is fastened firmly with the pool.
How To Care Your Mop Head?
Always read the manual and the package instructions and learn how to do it from the manufacturer. Again it is important to note that not all mop heads are machine washable so do not try every mop in a machine as it may cause damage to the machine.
Attempt to remove any extra attachment that comes with the mop head prior to changing or machine washing the mop head so that these hard materials do not break the machine parts and jam it.
Make sure that you remove or change the mop head outside or in the bathroom. These will help you maintain your mop in good condition and extend its service life. Find out some good mop reviews in case if you are looking to buy.
In conclusion, the act of detaching or changing a mop head, as stated above is not complicated as one may think. It is rather easy and forthright and one will not need a specialist or a professional to do that. It is essential to read up on further directives from the manufacturer of the mop head before going to prevent damage to the mop head.
Since there are spin mop heads that require some careful turn before it can be loosened. Also make sure that before removing the mop head for machine washing, it should be a mop head that is intended for machine washing. You will always find it easy to do the changing of the heads once you do it.