Do you have laminate floors in your home? That’s great because many homeowners are choosing this type of flooring. It is durable, easy to clean, and looks great for years to come. With any flooring, it will need to be maintained to keep it looking its best.
Broom and Mop should always be an excellent investment for a person who cares about cleaning his home. When you use a good broom and Mop, your floors will look as if they have been waxed.
It is important to invest in the right broom and Mop for your laminate floors. Laminate floors are not made of natural fibers, and they tend to become easily scratched or damaged by an ordinary broom or Mop. Using the wrong tool can leave your floor sticky or even create more work for you down the road.
5 Best Shark Steam Mop For Tile Floors
This article will review the best broom and Mop for laminate floors. Let’s dig in.
Here is a list of our top picks at a glance for the best brooms and mops for laminate floors:
- Original Soft Sweep Magnetic Action Broom – Best Choice Broom
- Guay Multi-Function Home Cleaning Kit – Best Multipurpose Set
- Broom and Dustpan Set for Home – Editor’s Choice Broom
- Conliwell Rubber Broom
- Fuller Brush 17027 Mini Stick Cleaner For Hardwood Laminate Surfaces
- Libman Wonder Mop & Refills Kit – Best Choice Mop
- Eyliden Dust Mop with 2 Reusable Washable Pads
- MAYSHINE Microfiber Hardwood Laminate Floor Mop – Editor’s Choice Mop
- Domi-patrol Microfiber Floor Mop
- OGORI Electric Mop for Hard Laminate Floor – Best Electric Mop
Best Broom for Laminate Floors – Top 5 Reviews
There are different types of brooms made especially for laminate floors. The most popular type of broom for laminate floors is made with synthetic bristles. This type of material gives the perfect amount of stiffness needed to get tough jobs done right, but it’s also gentle enough to keep your floor looking pristine. Here is a short review of the five best brooms for laminate floors.
1. The Original Soft Sweep Magnetic Action Broom
The Original Soft Sweep Magnetic Action Broom is the perfect solution for you! It’s super lightweight and easy to use. You can easily pick up lint, dust, dirt, hair, and more with this broom. Plus, it’s so versatile that it works on any floor type – especially hardwood laminate floors! And because of its flag tip design, it won’t scratch any surface either. This broom will make cleaning a breeze!
- Solid and rigid metal handle.
- Soft synthetic bristles.
- 1-in debris pick-up area for dust and hair.
- Great for removing pet hair from laminate flooring.
- Some complaints about its durability after a few months of use.
- It can be slightly flimsy.
2. Guay Multi-Function Home Cleaning Kit
The Guay Multi-Function Home Cleaning Kit is the perfect solution to help make your life easier. It comes with four attachments that can be used for various cleaning tasks, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, and window washing. You’ll love how easy it is to clean up after yourself when using this kit!
With just one click and push button on the pole attachment, you can easily switch between each tool, so you don’t have to worry about finding another way to get things done. Plus, all four tools are made from heavy-duty steel so that they won’t break or bend under pressure like other products out there today. This kit also includes an ergonomic grip pad that makes it comfortable and easy to hold onto while in use.
- Comes with four different attachments.
- Stainless steel handle is durable enough.
- Lightweight umbrella stick design for easy use and storage.
- Ergonomic grip pad for comfort.
- Metal pole can be a bit longer for some users.
- You may need to purchase replacement or extra cleaning pads.
3. Broom and Dustpan Set for Home
You can now clean your home in minutes with this fantastic broom and dustpan combo set. The bristles are four layers thick, so they’re much more efficient than other brooms on the market. It has a flexible rubber lip that makes it easy to sweep up larger spaces quickly and efficiently. And when you’re done, just stand the dustpan upright until you need to use it again! It locks into place for easy storage and emptying when necessary.
The long handle on this broom and dustpan set allows you to stand upright for comfortable sweeping instead of bending over. Plus, the built-in comb teeth make it easy to scrape off the hair and rubbish of your broom into the dustpan. This is a great way to save storage space!
- Solid and durable bristles.
- Removable dust tray for easy cleaning.
- Lightweight, long handle.
- 4 layers of thick bristles cut down on cleaning time.
- Some complaints about the bristles being too soft and flimsy.
4. Conliwell Rubber Broom
Conliwell’s rubber broom and lint brush combo is the perfect solution for all your pet hair problems. The large 13-inch base allows it to cover a lot of ground in one sweep so that you can clean more efficiently with less effort. It also has hundreds of rubber bristles that are great at pulling out those stubborn hairs from carpets and other hard floor surfaces, including laminate floor.
You’ll love how easy the Conliwell rubber broom is to clean up as well. Just use a little bit of soap and water to wash it off, then let it air dry! You can also use it to clean lint, dirt, and dust from your furniture, curtains, and more.
- Durable and flexible rubber bristles get rid of pet hair with ease.
- Save storage space due to its compact design.
- 13-inch base covers more ground, making it easier to clean up with less effort.
- Some complaints that it doesn’t pick up larger debris from the floor.
- Some complaints about the bristles falling out quickly after a few months of use.
5. Fuller Brush 17027 Mini Stick Cleaner For Hardwood Laminate Surfaces
This is not a traditional broom and dustpan set, but the Fuller Mini-Stick is a great tool for cleaning minor spills and messes. It is mainly a mini Swiffer that runs on electrostatic charge and works on all types of floors, such as hardwood laminate floors. It doesn’t use any chemicals or cleaning solutions, so it’s perfectly safe to use around kids and pets.
It works well on hardwood laminate flooring and other flat surfaces so that you can save yourself some time and energy!
The Fuller Mini-Stick has a long comfortable handle with a grip so that you can clean your floors fast. You’ll love how easy it is to use, and its very affordable price point makes it an excellent value for anyone on a budget.
- Long handle with a comfortable grip and easy to use Swiffer head.
- No chemicals or cleaners are needed
- No electricity, power cord, or batteries are needed
- Flexible and lightweight design makes it easy to store when not in use.
- It works on all hardwood and laminate floors, saving storage space.
- Some complain that it doesn’t clean edges or corners very well.
- More expensive than standard brooms and dustpan sets.
Best Mop for Laminate Floors – Top 5 Reviews
Two types of mops are used on laminate floors. There’s the traditional mop type that has a flat base and uses strings to wipe up dust, dirt, hair, and any other debris in your home. Then there are dry mops which usually have microfiber mop pads attached to them. Here is a short review of 5 of the best in each category.
6. Libman Wonder Mop & Refills Kit
This is the most basic type of Mop that you’ll find on the market, and it works great on laminate floors. The microfiber mop head scrubs away tough stains while gripping onto dust and debris so they don’t scatter around your home or office. Plus, it has a patented technology that makes wringing out excess water from the mop head super easy! With just one hand, you can easily remove excess water from the microfiber GRIP STRIPS without getting your hands wet. It also comes with three additional replacement heads, so you can keep your Wonder Mop in top shape for wiping away any mess!
- High-quality mop head grips on all types of surfaces and can be used to clean a variety of messes.
- Easy to use and wring out excess water with patented technology.
- The replaceable heads make it easy and affordable for anyone to maintain a clean home or office.
- Some complaints that the mop head can easily break after several uses.
7. Eyliden Dust Mop with 2 Reusable Washable Pads
The Eyliden Dust Mop is an excellent alternative to disposable dust mops. It’s reusable, machine washable, and can be used wet or dry. Plus, it has two replacement pads, so you don’t have to keep buying new ones!
The mop head is made from natural soft broom corn, and the squeegee-like base helps to pick up dust and hair in hard-to-reach corners. It also has a swivel design with a telescopic handle, so you can quickly get under low furniture or in narrow spaces!
- Heavy duty and high-quality mop head with a swivel design.
- The squeegee-like base helps to pick up hair and dust.
- Replaceable mop head is machine washable for easy and convenient cleaning.
- Affordable price and durable design.
- Some complaints that the telescopic handle is difficult to extend and lock into place.
8. MAYSHINE Microfiber Hardwood Laminate Floor Mop
The Mayshine Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop is the perfect tool to keep your entire floor clean and shiny. It’s made with high-quality materials that will last for years, and it has all the features you need in a mop.
You can easily adjust the length of this Mop from 117cm/46″ to 153cm/60″, so you can reach any part of your floor. And because it rotates 360 degrees, cleaning around furniture or corners is never an issue. This versatile Mop comes with five microfiber pads that are machine washable, which means they’ll last longer than traditional cotton rags. Best of all – using this product helps reduce waste by keeping more cotton out of landfills!
- Adjustable handle for reaching low or high areas on your floor.
- Long-lasting microfiber mop clothes that are machine washable for easy maintenance.
- Multiple microfiber cloths are included with each purchase.
- Versatile design and multi-functional use (can be used wet or dry).
- Some complaints that the extendable handle breaks easily if bent or twisted.
- Some complain that attaching the handle is difficult.
9. Domi-patrol Microfiber Floor Mop
The Domi-patrol Microfiber Floor Mop is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to clean their floors quickly and easily. It comes with a sprayer that allows you to use any cleaner or water, so it’s perfect for commercial spaces like restaurants or offices. You can also switch between wet and dry mops in seconds, making it easy to tackle different types of messes.
It comes with a velcro design that lets you attach wet or dry mop heads to the handle. And because it’s made with durable stainless steel and ABS plastic, this product is built to last! It also comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can return it if you don’t like it for any reason.
- Durable construction and design.
- Velcro wet/dry mop head attachment for versatile cleaning.
- Large water tank opening that’s easy to fill and empty.
- Machine washable mop heads.
- Handle doesn’t lock into place – it only works when the Mop is not extended.
- Some complaints that the sprayer leaks or stops working after a few uses.
10. OGORI Electric Mop for Hard Laminate Floor
The Ogori Electric Mop is a cordless mop that makes deep cleaning your hardwood floors easier than ever. Its detachable battery allows for easy storage. Plus, with its LED headlights and quick sprayer, you can be sure every corner of your house will be spotless.
With just one charge, this electric Mop can last up to 3 hours – which means no more worrying about cords or outlets! And when it comes time to store it away, simply detach the handle from the head and put them both in any closet or under any bed. Best of all, this Mop is safe to use on sealed hardwood laminate floors and will not scratch or damage the surface.
- Pivoting head for comfortable cleaning.
- Extra-long handle for reaching hard-to-reach areas.
- Easy to store and portable – no need for an outlet or a cord!
- Includes LED headlights to see dirt and spills in dark areas.
- Some complain that the battery life is not as long as advertised.
- Some complain they received defective products and had difficulty with customer service.
Read More: Best Dry Dust Mop For Hardwood Floors
Difference Between Broom And Mop
Most homeowners know what a broom and Mop is. What many may not know is the difference between the two. One of the main differences has to do with their bristles or strings. A broom has stiffer bristles than those on a mop, which usually has soft cotton strings. The design of these tools is another difference, as a mop has a flat base and is usually designed to be used with bucket. A broom, on the other hand, comes with either a wood or plastic handle. It has bristles that are stuck to both ends of the stick.
How To Maintain Your Broom or Mop?
To maximize your broom or mop investment, it’s important that you clean and dry them properly after every use. Once they are clean, store them in an area where air circulates freely around them. Excessive moisture can lead to the growth of mildew which can damage or destroy your broom or mop. Hang them in a wall-mounted broom and mop holder, or place them on a hook to dry correctly. Here is a list of good broom and mop holders for your quick pick.
- Berry Ave Broom & Mop Holder
- POPRUN Wall Mounted Broom Mop Holder
- Heavy-Duty Broom & Mop Hanger Organizer
- IMILLET Broom and Mop Holder Wall Mounted
- Holikme Mop Broom Holder Wall Mounted
Click here for more details about best wall-mounted broom and mop holder.
Remember that your broom or Mop may need to be replaced after several months of use. If you find that the materials have become worn out, it’s best to replace them before they do more harm than good.
What are the features of a good broom and Mop for laminate floors?
The right broom and Mop for your laminate floors will have certain essential features. These are the most essential features of a good broom or Mop to use on laminate floors.
Lightweight – A lightweight mop will reduce wear on your back as you move around cleaning your home.
Handle length – It is important to have the right length of handle when cleaning your laminate floor. A broom with a longer handle will enable you to reach further under furniture without bending over too much.
Bristles – The bristles on your Mop should be plastic instead of metal, as they are softer and less likely to scratch or gouge the surface of your floor. This is an important feature to look for when buying a mop.
Dustpan – The dustpan should be made of plastic, not metal. A metal dustpan will scratch and potentially damage the floor while you sweep up dirt and debris.
Washable mop head – Your new mop head should be removable and washable so that you can wash the mop head as needed.
Type of Mop – Sponge mop or broom mop? This is a personal choice that will depend on what type of sweeping you prefer to do.
Price – As with all things in life, you get what you pay for. A good broom and Mop for your laminate floors will not be cheap. However, it is an investment you will make in getting your floors looking like new again.
How to clean your laminate floor with a broom and Mop?
Once you have invested in the right broom and Mop for your laminate floors, it is important to know how to use that equipment correctly to get the best results.
Sweep first – Sweep your floor before mopping. Your clean Mop won’t be able to pick up dust or dirt if there are still bigger particles sitting on your floor.
Sweep in the direction of your traffic – Sweeping against your foot traffic will create more work for you. You don’t want to be pushing dirt or debris toward areas already clean, now do you?
Change your mop head regularly – Regularly replacing your mop head is important to ensure maximum cleaning power. If you don’t replace your mop head often, you will see less dirt on your floor.
Use water – Cleaning with just water is all that’s required for regular dust and dirt. However, if you’re cleaning up something like paint, then you will need a cleaner that is appropriate for this type of surface.
Be careful where you use your Mop – Always be aware of where you are using your Mop. Never use it over an area that has recently been waxed or polished, as this is likely to damage the surface.
Make sure your broom and Mop is the right one for the job!
As laminate floors come with their own set of challenges, it is important to make sure you are using the right broom or Mop for your laminate floors.
Q: How often should you replace your mop head?
A: Most manufacturers recommend replacing your mop head every 3-4 months to maintain hygiene.
Q: My floor is scratched. Can I use a regular mop on it?
A: Yes, you can use a regular mop on lightly scratched laminate floors.
Q: Can I use a damp mop on my laminate floor?
A: Yes, you can use a damp mop on your laminate floors if it is not used over recently polished or waxed areas. Regular cleaning with just water should be fine.
Q: What should I do to clean up sticky tape residue from my laminate floor?
A: In the case of tape residue on your laminate floor, you will want to make a mixture of half hot water and half white vinegar. Soak up as much of the excess with paper towels and then mop across the affected area with this solution. This should help to dissolve any sticky residue that remains.
Once complete, use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe up the area.
Q: Will using a damp mop on my laminate floor make it more slippery?
A: It is unlikely that you will see a noticeable difference in your floors’ slip resistance after mopping with a damp mop. According to industry standards, if your floor meets slip resistance standards when it is dry, then it will also meet slip resistance standards when it is wet.
Q: Can I use dish soap on my laminate floor?
A: No. Never mix solvents and cleaners with your cleaning solutions as this can cause damage to the surface of your floor or void your warranty.
Q: Can I use vinegar or water on my laminate floor?
A: Yes! Cleaning your floors with just water is acceptable; however, if you are cleaning up something stickier like fruit or paint, then you will need to make sure it’s an appropriate cleaner.
Q: Can I use a steam mop on my laminate floor?
A: No. Steam mops are not recommended on laminate floors. Leaving too much moisture on the floor can result in damage.
Q: Will my broom or mop scratch my laminate floor?
A: A properly used broom or Mop will not scratch your floor. Make sure to use the manufacturers’ guidelines for recommended use of both cleaning equipment and the floor itself.
Q: What should I do if my laminate floor has developed a dull finish?
A: This could be caused by many things, including chemical cleaners or waxes used previously and then left too long without being removed. Be sure to use only recommended cleaning products for your floor and to mop up any excess products or spills immediately. You should then be able to buff it back into shape with a soft cloth.
Laminate flooring is growing in leaps and bounds, with new styles and designs coming onto the market every day. It has proven itself to be a durable and versatile flooring option. When you keep it clean, there is no reason why your laminates won’t retain their beautiful finish!
Taking the time to clean your laminate floors regularly is all it takes to keep them looking great. Be sure you are using the right tools for the job and cleaning products, as this will ensure they continue to look good for years to come.