Haven’t you always wanted to start dusting your hardwood floors on a regular basis like the people in all of those pretty commercials? If so, then we think we’ve found the perfect solution for you — it’s easy, quick, and doesn’t just look great, but also incredibly effective! You can just use a dry dust mop for hardwood floors!
What exactly is a dry dust mop for hardwood floors? It’s a mop that utilizes the same kind of cleaning technology found on those great commercial dry mopping tools, and that makes it perfect for hardwood floors.
These mopping tools are super effective, and cleaning with them is actually incredibly fun!
Now, you may be wondering — what’s so great about a dry dust mop for hardwood floors? Well, let us explain to you. These kinds of mops utilize the same kind of cleaning technology that you’ll find in the big brand name commercial grade dry mopping tools. They’re designed in such a way that they utilize tiny cloth fibers that will scrub your floors clean of any and all dirt on them.
We’ve curated a list of the best dry dust mops you can find for hardwood floors. We reviewed many models and consulted with dry dust mopping experts to include only the best on our list.
- Commercial 36 Inch Janitorial USA Floor Dry Dust Mop Broom Set – Best Choice
- O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop – Editor’s Choice
- 360 Dry Wet Reusable Dust Mops with Soft Refill Pads & Handle for Wood – Best Overall
- Cleaning Microfiber Professional Dry & Wet Flat Mops for Hardwood Floors
- Swiffer Sweeper Dry + Wet All Purpose Floor Mop – Best Selling Product
- Commercial USA Cotton Wedge Hardwood Floor Dry Dust Mop
- Advanced Wet & Dry Flat Microfiber Mop For Hardwood Floors
- Eyliden Dust Microfiber Mops for Wet & Dry Hardwood Floor Cleaning
- 36″ Blue Closed Loop Dust Mop Kit with Aluminum Ergonomic Extension Handle
- Chenille Flip(Model: MFM001) Detachable Long Handle Microfiber Dry Floor Mop for Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Review of the Best Dry Dust Mop for Hard Wood Floors
1. Commercial 36 Inch Janitorial USA Floor Dry Dust Mop Broom Set:
This is a great combination of some of the best features of dry dust mopping tools with some extra useful extras you should enjoy when using this particular product.
First, it’s a lightweight product that’s designed to be easier on your back when mopping your floors. It includes 3 layers and features a non-slip grip designed for ease of use and maximum stability while mopping. There is also a large 360-degree swivel head that will make it easier to reach those hard-to-clean areas without any problem.
This product is a certified American product with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The mop itself is made of a premium quality fiber that not only gives you durability but also makes it easier to clean your floors thoroughly. The microfiber head is also exceptionally soft and gentle for your floors, giving the quickest and most thorough results possible. This product can be easily washed while keeping the original integrity of the fibers intact.
- It is of a lightweight design for ease of use.
- The swivel head can be used to reach the corners and the hard-to-reach areas easily.
- The product itself is made of high-quality fibers that do not pull or snag your floors.
- It is easy to install and remove from the main stand.
- It is among the pricier products on our list.
- It does not come with any warranties on the mop itself
2. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop:
This is a single-use mop that is the ultimate dry dust mop for hardwood floors. It has been designed by experts with a thorough understanding of how hardwood floors work.
The fibers are reported to be highly durable and robust and can easily remove all kinds of dirt as well as stains from your floors.
It is highly efficient in getting rid of all the dirt and grime from your flooring without leaving behind any residue or any other build-up.
This product was built to last; it is made to withstand water, pressure, and mildew as well as chemical spills. It can also be easily washed and cleaned without damaging it in any way.
- It is extremely effective in cleaning your floors without leaving any residue behind.
- This mop can also be used to clean some other types of flooring.
- The fibers are known to be highly efficient in removing all kinds of dirt from your floors.
- The product is easy to install and remove from the main stand.
- This product is available in a single-use package only.
- It does not come with any warranties on the mop itself.
- Sometimes, it’s hard to know how much effort you should put into cleaning your hardwood floors.
3. 360 Dry Wet Reusable Dust Mops with Soft Refill Pads & Handle for Wood:
This is a professional-grade product that has been made for hardwood floor cleaning. It has been designed with a 360-degree swivel that makes it easier to reach the corners and the difficult-to-reach areas of your flooring.
The swivel can be locked to make it easier for you to reach some of those lower areas as well. The handle is also cushioned for added comfort while cleaning your floors. The non-slip base is also extremely effective in ensuring that you don’t lose control of this product while using it on your flooring.
This product is also known to be very durable and highly efficient. Owing to this reason, it is considered as the best-selling product on our list. This product can be easily installed and removed from the main stand and, at the same time, it also works excellently for both the wet mops and dry dust mopping.
This 17-inch microfiber pad has been rated to have 3 times better absorption capacity when compared with other ordinary methods of cleaning your floors. It can absorb up to 7 times more dirt as well as grime without any problem at all.
- This mop has been made of high-quality fibers and polyester, which are known to be highly absorbent.
- The dual-sided pad is also highly effective in cleaning your floors without causing any damage to them at all.
- It does not come with an extra microfiber pad either.
4. Cleaning Microfiber Professional Dry & Wet Flat Mops for Hardwood Floors:
This cleaning mop is highly effective in removing all kinds of dirt and grime off your hardwood flooring. It also works perfectly well for tiled floors as well as marble floors.
It has been made with a chenille microfiber pad that is highly absorbent in nature and can, therefore, be used to clean some other types of flooring as well.
The polyester pad material has also been claimed to be highly resistant to water, sweat, mildew, and latex, so you don’t have to worry about it damaging your floor or leaving any kind of residual on its surface.
As far as the handle is concerned, it has been made to be extremely comfortable to use. It is also lightweight, so you will not have to worry about being tired out while you are cleaning your floors.
The product also comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty as well.
- The microfiber pad can be cleaned with ease and hence there won’t be any kind of wastage of money on that front at all.
- This cleaning pad is very easy to use and highly effective in cleaning your flooring without leaving any kind of scratch on it at all.
- The only problem is that the refill may not work on different types of mops as well.
5. Swiffer Sweeper Dry + Wet All Purpose Floor Mop:
You can effectively remove dust, dirt, grime, and bacteria with the Swiffer Sweeper Dry + Wet All Purpose Floor Mopping and Cleaning Starter Kit without having to compromise on the comfort of use at all.
The cleaning pads of this mop are both disposable as well as washable at the same time. This means that you will be able to clean it with ease and without having to suffer from any kind of wastage of money as well.
It has an innovative design that allows you to quickly grab a cloth from the bottom of the bucket with minimal manual contact required. Also, a single push can help you to dispose off an old cleaning cloth and grab a new one within no time at all.
The cleaning pads of the Swiffer Sweeper – Dry + Wet Mop are not only washable, but they are also reusable. This means that you can use them again and again for a number of times and in case they start to look damaged, it will be easy for you to purchase a new one with ease.
The Swiffer Sweeper has two high-powered swabs which will help you clean your surfaces without any kind of difficulty whatsoever. With its unique design, you can easily clean your floors without any kind of fuss whatsoever and within no time at all.
- It is easy to fit and safe.
- It is sturdy and efficient.
- The plastic is slightly rough on the surface so that it can scratch wood floors.
- Also, with time, it gets scratched in rather large pieces which can be a problem especially if the plastic already has scratches on it.
6. Commercial USA Cotton Wedge Hardwood Floor Dry Dust Mop:
This is a cotton mop for hardwood floors that can be used either for dry dust mopping or wet mopping. It has been designed in such a way that it is highly efficient in cleaning your floors without causing any kind of damage to them along the way.
The fibers are known to be highly durable and resistant to pressure, dirt, and moisture.
This means that this product can be washed with ease while keeping its original structure intact completely intact. The fibers have also been made of 100% cotton which will help you clean your floors much more effectively than using any other type of cloths for doing so.
The cleaning head of this mop is highly absorbent and can be used for up to 7 times longer than other mop heads of the same kind. The swivel head is also exceptionally helpful in allowing you to reach the corners of your flooring with ease.
Also, it can be locked almost completely when not in use for ensuring that it does not get bumped during use or while storage. This product is easy to install and remove from the main stand as well.
- It has been made with a durable and highly efficient design.
- It is also made of a high-quality cotton material that will help you clean your floors more efficiently than using any other type of cloths.
- The swivel head is extremely helpful in allowing you to reach the nooks and corners of your flooring with ease.
- The only thing that you need to be careful about is that this product does not come with any kind of refill pads. So, if it starts looking damaged, you will have to purchase a new one instead of just a refill.
7. Advanced Wet & Dry Flat Microfiber Mop For Hardwood Floors:
This mop is known to be one of the most effective products on our list for hardwood floor cleaning. It has been designed with a revolutionary new design that makes it easy for you to clean your floors without any kind of hassle at all.
The fibers are known to be very robust and durable in nature, and they are also very efficient at absorbing dirt and grime right off your floors.
It can be easily installed and removed from the main stand as well as, at the same time, it can also be used with both wet mops and dry dust mopping techniques. This product comes with a highly effective 18 Inch microfiber pad made of 100% polyester.
- This product is made with a highly efficient design that lets you handle your floors in a hassle-free manner.
- It is also very easy to install and remove from the main stand, so you won’t need any kind of extra help while using this mop.
- The fibers are known to be extremely durable and highly efficient in absorbing all kinds of dirt and grime from your flooring.
- This product can be washed with ease while keeping its original structure intact completely intact.
- The clothes that come with it are not washable, but dry ones can be easily swapped for them without much of a problem at all.
8. Eyliden Dust Microfiber Mops for Wet & Dry Hardwood Floor Cleaning:
This is another high-quality and highly efficient product on our list that can easily be used for cleaning your hardwood floors. It has been made of a very strong and durable design that can be used to clean some other surface types as well. As far as the head is concerned, it has been designed in such a way that it will not scratch or damage your flooring at all.
The microfibers used in this product are known to be highly absorbent, and they can also be cleaned with ease without any kind of wastage of money at all. The mop head has also been made to remain completely dry even when you use water to clean your surfaces completely dry. This means that there will be no kind of water left on the surface and hence, your floors will remain completely dry as well.
The handle has also been made to be extremely easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about bending over a lot while you are cleaning your flooring with this mop. Also, the handle features anti-slip and anti-splash pads that will help you in ensuring that you do not lose control of this product while using it on your flooring.
- It is easy to install and remove from the main stand as well.
- It is also known to be highly durable in nature and highly efficient at the same time.
- The only problem with this mop is that it does not come with any kind of refill pads. You will have to buy a new one instead if you want to continue using this mop at all. So, it is advisable that you purchase the extra ones right at the outset instead of waiting for them to get damaged.
How to Mop Hardwood Floors Effectively?
While moping hardwood floors is no longer considered to be an outdated thing done only by old people, it has become a thing that you can really enjoy doing and take pleasure in as well.
The main reason why you should take pride and joy in doing this is that it is highly effective at removing all kinds of dirt, dust, debris, etc. from your flooring and that too without causing any kind of damage to it at all.
Nowadays, mop refills are available in the market as well as online. You can go through the user manual and also the online tutorials to get a good idea about how to mop them efficiently.
Here are a couple of things that you should keep in mind while moping hardwood floors:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with microfiber pads and clean your hardwood floors at least once every 2 weeks. The best part is that you can even clean it twice a week as long as you do not spill any water or use any chemicals on your flooring.
- Before using these refills, make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly and wear gloves while doing so. Also, ensure that they are dry before using them in any way.
- After you clean your floors, use a dry cloth to wipe them clean. Also, do not forget to clean your vacuum cleaner and mop head as well.
You can purchase the above products online at any time without having to wait for them to get damaged in any way. You can also go through the user manual of each of these products to know how they are supposed to be used and what kind of surfaces they are designed for before buying them.
If hardwood flooring is new for you then you should always start off with cleaning some area of your flooring first before moving on towards others.
How often should you dust mop wooden floors?
You should dust mop wooden floors on a regular basis until the floor becomes completely free of dust. 2-3 times a week will be most effective. You can either use your hands to remove the dust or use a dust mop to clean it up quickly and efficiently.
When you are going to use a dust mop for wooden floors, you should make sure that you use the right kind of mops for wood floors as there are different types available in the market.
If you are wondering about how often you should be using these types of mops, then the answer is simple: as per your need and requirement.
How to Choose the Best Dust Mops?
If you are wondering how to choose the best dust mops for your hardwood floors, then all that you need to do is go through the following tips:
- The first thing that you should keep in mind will be the size of your wood floors. While most of these mopes come in standard sizes, you can also look for mops with adjustable handles as well.
- The second thing that you should look at will be the quality of fibers used in these dust mops. You should make sure that they are moisture-resistant and durable enough to withstand your cleaning needs as well.
- The third thing that you should look for when choosing a dust mop will be the head of the product. The head of the mop should be made in such a way that it can easily reach all parts of your wood flooring without causing any kind of damage to it.
- The fourth and final thing that you should consider will be the cleaning technique used by these dust mops. There are more than one ways to clean hardwood floors, but if you want to do it quickly and efficiently, then using these dust mops will do the job for you in no time at all.
- Can you spray on a dust mop?
Yes, you can spray on dust mops on hardwood floors.
- Can you use a dust mop on a laminate floor?
This is a big no. Use only recommended products on your laminate floors.
- How often should you vacuum hardwood floors?
As per your need and requirement, you can vacuum them at least 2-3 times in a week or more if needed.
- Can I clean my hardwood floors with vinegar?
It’s not advisable to do so since vinegar will leave the floor sticky and dirty. Seek professional help instead.
- Is mopping good for wood-floor surfaces?
Yes, it is, but there are some things to keep in mind.
- Do you need to dust mop hardwood floors?
No, you do not need it, but if you want to get rid of dirt and dust from your hardwood flooring in the easiest possible manner, then using these dust mops will do the job for you within minutes without causing any kind of damage whatsoever.
Hardwood flooring is one of those things that you can take pride in owning at home and you have only to be a little cautious about your cleaning needs. Keeping this in mind will make it easy for you to function effectively when it comes to cleaning hardwood floors as well.
Hope that you found this article helpful and informative so far, feel free to ask any further questions that you might have regarding these products, and I will be glad to share the solutions with you.