When it comes to keeping your home clean, there’s no doubt that a Dyson vacuum is at the top of the list. But like any machine, it can start to show its age over time. That’s why it’s important to keep your Dyson up and running with regular filter replacements.
If your Dyson vacuum cleaner is showing signs of wear and tear, it’s time to replace the filter. However, not all replacement filters are created equal – so you need to know what to look for.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to tell if your filter needs replacing. But first, you need to know the three types of Dyson vacuum filters.
The three types of Dyson vacuum filters:
1. Air Flow Filter
The Air Flow Filter sits at the bottom of your Dyson vacuum cleaner and helps to draw air through the machine. It’s fairly easy to spot, as it doesn’t have any kind of cover.
2. Motor Filter
The motor filter sits in the motor itself and should be clearly visible once you open up your vacuum cleaner. It also has a lid that is easily removed.
3. HEPA Filter
HEPA, or High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters, you will need to open up your vacuum cleaner. This is usually done by removing the two screws on the side of the machine and flipping it over.
Here’s what you need to know about replacement filters for your Dyson vacuum:
In the vast majority of cases, when you replace a worn or damaged filter in your Dyson vacuum cleaner, the new one will still be compatible with your machine. The filters are actually interchangeable, so if you own a Dyson DC07 Animal model, for example, the replacement filters for that machine will work with your cleaner. What’s more, most filters are easy to replace – so it’s quick and simple to get your vacuum back in top condition again.
1. Make sure the replacement filter fits your Dyson vacuum cleaner – the dimensions of the filter vary depending on the model.
2. Check the quality of the replacement filter – make sure it’s made from high-quality materials and has a strong sealant.
3. Ensure the filter is securely fitted – if it’s loose, it could fall out and get damaged.
4. Pay attention to the Dyson vacuum cleaner’s model number and the part number on the filter – these are both found somewhere on the packaging.
5. The filter should be stamped with either a ‘D’ or ‘W’ so you’ll know it’s a genuine replacement filter.
How to replace a Dyson vacuum cleaner filter?
It may vary depending on the model vacuum cleaner you have and the model number of the filter. Here, we are giving you a general guide on how to replace a Dyson vacuum cleaner filter, but you should always consult the vacuum cleaner manual for exact steps.
1. Turn the Dyson vacuum cleaner upside-down so that the power cord is at the bottom.
2. Remove the screws on each side of the vacuum cleaner and remove the plastic casing from around it.
3. Remove the filter cover by sliding it to the left or right and lifting it up.
4. Unscrew the old filter from the vacuum cleaner’s frame using a screwdriver and remove it from the frame.
5. Slide the new filter into place and replace the cover by sliding it back to the right.
6. Replace the screws on each side of the vacuum cleaner, put the plastic casing back around it, and put all the screws back in place.
7. Test the vacuum cleaner to see if it works properly. If it does not, check your vacuum cleaner for any wiring or clogging.
8. Put the vacuum cleaner back into its storage place, and then turn it on.
Where to find the replacement filter for your specific Dyson vacuum cleaner?
Most of the replacement filters for Dyson vacuum cleaners can be found on dyson.com or Amazon.com. However, you may have to search for the filter that is compatible with your specific vacuum cleaner model number and find it from a local store like Target or Walmart.
Note: If you are buying a replacement filter for your specific Dyson vacuum cleaner, always make sure to read the instructions on how to install it. You can also see directions on how to fix or maintain your Dyson vacuum cleaner on the following link: https://dyson.com
Do Dyson vacuum filters need to be replaced?
Yes, a Dyson vacuum cleaner filter needs to be replaced every couple of months. The lifespan of the filter depends on how often you use your vacuum cleaner and how often you clean it regularly.
How do I know when I need to replace my Dyson vacuum filter?
If your Dyson cleaner is making a noise or is not picking up dirt, it is probably time to replace the filter.
Can Dyson filter be washed?
Yes, a Dyson vacuum filter can be washed but only with warm soapy water. You must never use any chemicals to clean it or boil it to clean it. You should never wash the filter in a dishwasher as the heat in there may cause the filter to melt.
How do I know if my Dyson vacuum filter is clogged?
If your Dyson vacuum cleaner is not picking up dirt, it could be due to the filter being clogged. You may hear a loud noise coming from the motor or notice the motor is more noisy than usual.
How many filters are in a Dyson?
A Dyson vacuum cleaner usually has two filters: the main filter and the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter can be washed and is designed to trap dirt and particles that are 0.3 microns in diameter, which is smaller than human hair.
What happens if you don’t clean Dyson filters?
The Dyson vacuum filter will become clogged overtime, which can cause a loud noise or the motor to stop working.
Why does my Dyson smell?
A dirty filter can cause your Dyson vacuum to smell. The smell may be caused by pet hair, dust, or some other particles that have been trapped inside the filter.
Do all Dysons have HEPA filters?
No. The HEPA filter is a premium feature in the DC35, DC37, and DC38 models. All other Dyson vacuums do not have this filter.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are widely known for their high quality and reliability. Like all other brands, it also need maintenance and replacing parts at times. However, it is important to know the symptoms of a clogged filter or any other problems that may occur. The vacuum cleaner’s owner manual will provide with full information on how to keep your vacuum in top shape.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to get the most out of your Dyson vacuum cleaner.