If you are living in an apartment, it is pretty common to have white walls. White walls are great for giving an apartment a bright, spacious feel.
However, the shine of your white walls can be lost after a few years when they start to get dirty from everyday use. This article will show you how to clean white walls in apartment without spending too much time or money on them!
Here are the steps to clean white walls in your apartments:
Step 1: Gather Necessary Equipment
The first step is to gather all the equipment and tools you will need. Here is the list of equipment for cleaning walls:
Step 2: Prepare the Surface
The second step is to prepare your wall before you can start cleaning. You don’t want to do all the hard work and then realize that your walls aren’t clean enough because you didn’t prepare them first!
You should start by removing all pictures, paintings, or other decorations that are on the walls. You can hang them on the other wall and then move them back when you finish cleaning.
Also, don’t forget to unplug all electrical devices that are on your walls. This will prevent them from being damaged when you are cleaning the walls.
Step 3: Visual inspection
The third step is to do a quick visual inspection of your walls and try to separate areas that need the most attention. This way, you can focus your energy on the dirtiest and grimy areas first and then move to less problematic areas at a later stage.
Step 4: Dusting and mopping the walls
The fourth step is to dust the walls with a soft cloth until they are immaculate. The idea here is to get rid of all the dust and dirt that has settled on your wall over the years without scrubbing too hard or using too much energy.
To make this easier, you can start from the top of the wall and then work your way down until you reach the floor. By doing this, you should be able to make sure that your walls are thoroughly cleaned. Use wall mops if you have a lot of wall space to clean.
Read More: Best Extendable Duster for High Ceilings
Step 5: Clean the ceiling
After you have finished cleaning the walls, it is time to clean the ceiling. Whether your ceiling is white or a different color, this step is essential. This is because it will ensure that no dust or dirt can sneak through the cracks in your ceiling to your walls.
Step 6: Vacuum the floor
Next to vacuum the floor. Vacuuming the floors will not only make your place cleaner, but it can also help you get rid of the dirt and dust that has dropped onto the floor.
Step 7: Finishing task
Once you have finished the entire cleaning process, all there is left to do is put everything back where it belongs and admire your handiwork!
All those steps are basic, but if you get them done, your apartment will be spotless.
How to clean oil stains, leaving marks and spots from the white walls?
White walls are visually appealing. But, the problem with white walls is that they get dirty much more quickly than other surfaces. Most stains that appear on the walls are due to the penetration of oil in them. This happens when oil-based substances such as motor oils, cooking oils and etc. spill on the walls.
This can be a significant pain when you have to clean the white walls every week or so.
To remove the stains, spots, and other leaving marks from the white walls, you should take care of a few things.
1. Use Wall Cleaner
One of the easiest methods to get rid of the spots on the white walls is to use a good quality home cleaner. You can immediately remove all the spots from the walls by using this method. This is one of those methods that you can use as many times as you want, and it will still work. Here are some excellent quality white walls cleaners:
2. Use Vinegar and Baking Soda
White Vinegar and baking soda are good ingredients that you can use in removing the spots on white walls. They are entirely natural, and they will not cause any damage to the walls. All you have to do is to mix equal parts of white vinegar and baking soda. Apply this mixture on the walls, and try to rub it on the surface. You can let this mixture sit for about 20 minutes before using a wet cloth to wipe off the dirt. Make sure that you use an utterly wet cloth to remove the mixture from the walls easily.
3. Apply White Spray
If everything else fails, you can use a spray that is made for white walls. This method is effective in removing the tough stains from the surface. But make sure the shade of the spray is very close to the color of your walls. This will make it easier for you to clean the walls without damaging them.
Here are a few good quality white spray cleaners that you can use:
- Zinnser 03688 Covers Up Stain Sealing Ceiling Paint, White
- CRC All Purpose Enamel Spray Paint-Gloss White
What are the additional tips for cleaning white walls?
In addition to the basic cleaning methods, there are specific tips that you need to keep in mind. These will make the cleaning process even more accessible, and they can also reduce the effort required for cleaning. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind when cleaning white walls:
- Try to cover the furniture with sheets or towels before you start cleaning the walls of your apartment. This will not only prevent the dirt from getting into your carpets or sofa, but it can also help you clean the walls properly.
- Never try to use ammonia or chlorine bleach when you are cleaning walls that are painted white. The chemicals present in these products can cause discoloration and damage to the paint.
- Clean kitchen walls first – they are the dirtiest walls of your apartment. This is where most of the mess from cooking accumulates.
- Do not forget to clean the baseboards and crown molding as well. You can use a small brush to clean these surfaces.
- Don’t apply too much pressure on the wet rag or a microfiber cloth when cleaning the walls. This can create extra spots and streaks on the walls.
- Also, remember to wear rubber gloves and shoes while you are cleaning the white walls.
How to keep white walls clean?
Once you have cleaned the walls, it is important to maintain them in a proper way so that they remain clean and shiny. You can follow these steps given below for this purpose:
- Try to avoid touching the walls with your hands. This will reduce the accumulation of dirt on the surface.
- Additionally, you can also put a doormat in front of the entrance to your apartment. This will help in preventing dirt from getting into your walls.
- If there are children in your apartment, make sure they do not write on the walls. It is better to prevent than cure in this case so that you can avoid unnecessary cleaning efforts.
- Make sure you always use a dry cloth to wipe the dirt from the walls. A wet rag can lead to further stains on white walls.
- If possible, try to hire professional cleaners for your apartment once a year. This will help you maintain the cleanliness of your home for a longer time.
Cleaning your apartment’s white wall can be a daunting task. It can get even more frustrating when it involves removing tough stains. It is important to choose the right cleaning methods for this task. In addition, you should also make sure that the walls remain clean and shiny on a regular basis.
If you follow these steps, it will be a lot easier for you to maintain the cleanliness of your white walls. You can use this information for other color wall cleaning as well.